Thursday, June 18, 2009

Celebrate Men

We live in a society that constantly makes fun of men. Whether they are the buffoon on a TV show, or shown as inept fathers, rarely are men shown as positive beings. I am blessed to have many wonderful men in my life. I have an amazing husband who means the world to me and shows me all the love and dedication that I could want. I have a great step-dad who has been there for me over the years. I have a wonderful father-in-law who has known me for half my life and has been a wonderful influence and friend in that time. I am blessed with good uncles, grandfathers-in-law and many other good men in my ward and neighborhood. I want to thank all of the men in my life and let them know how much they mean to me, and how blessed I feel to know them.

A friend posted this video and I thought I would share it as well. I hope that each of the men that I know have a wonderful Father's Day this weekend.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I agree with you. I am glad to have a great husband, and lots of other great men in my life.

JulieJ said...

Great message. Thanks!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

It's a Cyper in the Snow thing as far as I'm concerned. The "Man" in society is portrayed just as you said - and now the "men" - and it is a loose term here - believe that is all they have to live up to. Thank HEAVENS for Prophets and Apostles to remind us how REAL MEN are and should be. I don't think we appreciate enough how blessed we are to have righteous husbands/fathers/brothers/friends. Hooray for the NOBILITY of MANHOOD and those who honor it!