Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My handsome

With each of the kids James' has given them nicknames that have stuck around.  When MacKayla was a baby and swaddled all the time he used to call her a grub.  Well as she grew up a bit she became Bug.  When Annika joined the family MacKayla became Big Bug and Annika was Little Bug.  Once we had Arabella we expected her to be Baby Bug, but that hasn't really stuck.  I call her, Bella, Bells, Bella Boo, Bob-a-Lou, or just Bob.  James calls her Beloved, and Beautiful.  Now that we have Johnny he gets his own fun nicknames.  James calls him Handsome, Boy and John.  I never intended for him to be called John, I actually prefer Jonathan over John, but even I have found myself on occasion calling him John-John.  Mostly I call him Johnny, Johnny-boy, Little Man, or Sweetie Guy.  Overall you can see that the last two have been far more spoiled, I guess that's what happens when you are finally done with school and have time to relax.

This weekend I was finally able to get some cute photos of Johnny and his cute gummy smile.  He will smile at me sometimes, but we found that just like when Bella was a baby it is Annika that can get the best smiles out of him.  She jsut has to look at him and smile and he turns into a happy gummy mess.  Oh well, at least I was able to capture the cuteness.  So for your viewing pleasure, here is Johnny-boy.
I especially love the shirt he has here...gotta teach them young.

Annika's hand as she is getting his smile.

Happy guy.

Finding his Annika.

Isn't he adorable?

That's my boy!

For good measure, here are my wonderful little girls!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I love all the nicknames! I never had one when I was a kid. My name seems really formal to me. I love giving my kids nicknames. Your little guy is adorable!!