Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Moments to make it all worth it

Johnny boy is six weeks old today!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, but at the same time, I feel like he has been a part of our family forever.  Johnny is a sweet little guy and is usually a really mellow kid.  A few times in the last week he has been "fussy" as in he whines a bit for a few minutes.  James was trying to figure out what was wrong one day and said "why is he so fussy today?"  I laughed at him for that and he realized just how lucky we are with this guy. 

As for his stats, Johnny is 12 lbs now.  He is also long enough that he is outgrowing his clothes.  He is sleeping pretty well now, he goes to sleep about 9:00, wakes to eat at 10:30 and then sleeps until about 4.  He will then sleep until 6:30 and sometimes will go back to sleep for a while after that.  Overall he is doing great.

This morning Johnny gave me one of the best mom moments.  He gave me his first intentional smile.  He has smiled before, but not really at anything or anyone.  This morning I picked him up and smiled at him and he gave me the biggest gummiest grin.  He has done it several more times this morning as well.  My next goal is to collect a picture of my smiling guy, we'll see how long that takes to get.

No comments: