Thursday, April 30, 2009

Books read in April

This was a bit of a slow reading month for me. I actually spent the first three weeks not reading anything, I can't believe I did that. I did have family in town for a while and I had a new video game (Lego Batman) that I had to beat. But I did manage to read three book series in the last ten days, so I guess overall I did well.

Fablehaven
Brandon Mull - 368
Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star
Mull - 456
Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague
Mull - 480
Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary
Mull - 528

I have loved the Fablehaven series ever since the first book came out. I have bough each book the day that it was released and read it that day, except for the last one. I waited a couple of weeks to read it. I also love to reread all previous books in a series when a new one comes out. If you are looking for a great series to read I highly recommend this one.

The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I
L.J. Smith - 416
The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power
Smith - 400

I had previously read The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith and while I enjoyed them I didn't find them to be excellent, so I had actually held out on reading this series, and now I am sad that I did. The books are not the best for writing style, but the story was really enjoyable. The story is about a group of kids who are witches and find themselves having to save the world, a general plot in teen based stories, but fun none-the-less.

Midnighters #1: The Secret Hour
Scott Westerfield - 304
Midnighters #2: Touching Darkness
Westerfield - 336
Midnighters #3: Blue Moon
Westerfield - 384

A friend had given me the second book in this series to read last summer and I had enjoyed it. I really enjoyed reading the whole series this time though as I was able to see the development of the story and how the characters came together. The story again involves a group of kids coming together to save the world, in fact all three series that I read this month had the same type of theme, maybe I need to branch out more this next month. Again the stories are enjoyable and worth reading. The last book did leave you wanting a bit more at the end. The story seemed to wrap up very quickly and left a few things open.

*Edit - I forgot to add in the reading I had done in the online story Breaking the Silence so 205 pages for that one

Page count for April : 3877
Total for 2009 thus far: 12879

2 comments:

Billie said...

Great job. Now I need to get my total up. Ugh - math.

Amberly said...

The Midnighters is on my list to read this summer. Have you read Uglies? I loved Fablehaven! It is a great series!!