Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Things About Me

Several friends have done this lately so I decided to give it a try.

Rules:

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to the "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people, in the right hand corner of the app, then click publish.)

1. I love to read! I usually have at least two books going at a time.
2. I have an obsessive personality. When it comes to books I will read to the exclusion of everything else, the same goes for video games.
3. I love to play games: board games, video games, computer games...
4. I never thought that I would end up in Idaho, let alone that I would end up loving it here. I love that I feel safe, that the people are amazing and that I want to raise my family here.
5. I have a hard time making friends. I love having friends, but I don't always have the confidence to make a friend.
6. I love taking care of the finances of our family. I have always loved math and this gives me an outlet to do it in. Also I know that if I am taking care of the money and we don't have enough, then it is my fault; it also gives me confidence that we are going to be okay and that we will be able to take care of the needs of our family.
7. I wanted to be a pediatrician when I was growing up. I changed my mind later when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to meet all of my goals in life and be a doctor. I also knew that I wanted to help kids and only seeing them when they were sick was not what I wanted to do.
8. I always wanted to have kids. I wanted to have a house full of boys. I wanted trucks, cars, baseball games, and all of the fun of boys. In the end I am having to learn to love pink and princesses.
9. I hated country music until I moved to Idaho. It seemed to be the only good music on the radio when I crossed over the border and I have been enjoying it ever since.
10. I want to go back to school for the fun and the enriching classes, but I do not want to do the work. I am not ready for the intensive studying that would be involved to get my masters.
11. I did not get my license until I was 23. MacKayla was almost a year old before I ever had it.
12. I love to build things. I love to see how things work. I like to take things apart just to figure out how they work.
13. When I was 13 I was jealous that boys got to wear ties at church and pass the sacrament. I really wanted to be able to.
14. I waste too much time each day on the computer. I enjoy reading the news, checking blogs, and being on social networking sites way too much.
15. When I am home alone with the kids I don't like to leave the house, but on weekends when James is home I want nothing more than to get out and do things together.
16. I love to watch a good movie.
17. 17 is my lucky number.
18. I enjoy taking photos and would like to learn to be a better photographer.
19. I want to travel one day, I would love to see the world and experience new peoples and cultures.
20. I saved the more serious ones for last...I love my family. James is an amazing man! I love how hard he works for our family. I love that one of his goals growing up was to be able to support his family without his wife working so that she could raise their kids. I love that he is a big kid and collects toys. I love that he would do anything for me. He is one in a million.
21. I love my little girls. They are the cutest, funniest and best kids that I could have ever gotten.
22. I came from an interesting family. I married into an amazing family. I love James' family as my family, and they have always treated me as such.
23. I love the Gospel. I love knowing about the Plan of Salvation and that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that I can return to live with him again someday.
24. I want to be a better person and I want to make it to the Celestial Kingdom with my family.
25. I love learning and I hope that I can continue to do so forever.

3 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You are the best! Really.

Anderton Family said...

I loved reading about you! You made me just about tear up at the end. You are so amazing and such a good mom. Sorry about VT the other night. I really was home and expecting you. Did you ring the doorbell or knock? I seriously never heard anything and I was expecting you! I thought I got stood up at first but then Ron came home at about 8pm and handed me some candy hearts and said they were on the door so I knew they had to be from you. I don't know how I missed you. My kids didn't hear anything either and they are usually like dogs running to the door when they hear the doorbell ring. I'm really sorry. We sure are not having good luck with VT are we? Oh well, there is always next month, right?

Desi said...

What a fantastic list! I knew quite a few of those, but it was nice to read all of them anyway. We married amazing men didn't we! I just love how they desire nothing more than to be good providers and protecters for thier families. :)

And, I think you'd do great going back to school! I miss having you in my classes! Though, the homework thing is a drag..... ;)