Lemon Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake
1 Package lemon cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
1 C Raspberries
1 T Sugar
2 T Cornstarch
8 Oz White chocolate
1 Small box white chocolate pudding mix
3 C Heavy cream
1 t Vanilla
1/2 C Raspberries (for garnish)
1. Prepare cake mix as directed in two 9" cake pans. Cool cake completely and then cut each cake in two, you will then have four layers.
2. Puree the 1 C raspberries until smooth. Heat the raspberries in a saucepan until boiling. Once boiling add in 1 T (plus or minus depending on how sweet your raspberries are ) sugar. Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of water and add into the raspberries. Heat until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
3. In a double broiler, heat the white chocolate chips and 1 C of heavy cream, stirring frequently until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
4. In a separate bowl beat the remaining 2 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add in the vanilla and the pudding mix, stir gently. Mix in the cooled white chocolate mixture. Stir gently until it is all incorporated.
5. Place one layer of cake on serving platter and add a small amount of the raspberry mixture. Spread a thin layer of the raspberry mixture and then add a layer of the white chocolate mousse. Next add another layer of cake. Add the majority of the raspberry mixture and then a small layer of mousse. Repeat with another layer of cake and a small amount of raspberry sauce, then a large layer of mousse. Add the last layer of cake and frost top and sides with the remaining mousse. Garnish the top with fresh raspberries.
* The lemon flavor was a bit weak from the cake mix, I think next time I would add in a small amount of lemon juice and zest for more of a lemon kick.