Friday, January 6, 2012

Books Read in 2011

So once again the year ends and I did not keep up on the blog with what I had read.  I did however a few months ago, begin keeping track of them on Goodreads.  I was able to figure out what I had read for most of the year, I think, so the list is fairly accurate.

In the end I read 90 books and 30,524 pages.  Many of them were great and a few were only so-so.  I am not up for writing a review of all of them, but I will list them in the categories of the stars that I gave them on Goodreads.  Admittedly though, I was an easier reviewer before than I am now.  I gave more 5's then I think I would now.  I would say that the 4's and 5's are all worth reading though, and for those that live near me, I own all of them and would be happy to share.

Again I find that most of the books that I read are dystopian juvenile fiction.  I find that the authors here know what they are doing.  The write a convincing story, they keep the reader engaged and they have great ideas.  There are a few other books that I have been reading this year, but I haven't finished them, and they have been relegated to "the drawer" with little hope that they will emerge for now.  Maybe one day I will finish them, but for now, there are so many other GOOD books to read!

As for the classification system Goodreads uses the following criteria:
5 - It Was Amazing
4 - Really Like It
3 - Liked It
2 - It Was Okay

5's
I am Number Four
Matched
Pathfinder
Divergent
The Book Thief
Peter and the Starcatchers
Drought
The Help
The Power of Six
Everfound
The Son of Neptune
Everwild
The Throne of Fire
Outside In
Inside Out
Flygirls
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


4's
The Confession
Crossed
The Gardener
Water for Elephants
The Magicians
Torn
Genesis
Across the Universe
The City of Ember
Glow
Lies
Enclave
Beautiful Chaos
You'll Like it Here
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
Prized
The School for the Insanely Gifted
The Most Important Little Boy in the World
The Chrysalids
Half Brother
The Ressistance
The Declaration
Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer
Almost True
The Unit
When I Was Joe
The Replacements
The Girl Who Could Fly
Hunger
World War Z
Theodore Boone: The Abduction
The Dark and Hallow Places
Birthmarked
Bruiser
Legend
Carrier of the Mark
Peter and the Secret of Rundoon


3's
A Wish After Midnight
The Janitors
The Prophet of Yonwood
The Death Cure
Fire
The Diamond of Darkhold
The People of Sparks
Human.4
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
The Dead and the Gone
A World Without Heroes
Messenger
Gathering Blue
Nightlight: A Parody
The Shadow Club
The Other Side of the Island
The Shadow Club Rises
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
This World We Live In
Juliet
Peter and the Shadow Thieves
Peter and the Sword of Mercy
Witch & Wizard


2's
Eat, Pray, Love
Deadly Little Secret
Ship Wreckers
Flux
The Sky Inside
Make Lemonade
Don't You Dare Read This, Mrs. Dunphrey
Prom
Going Bovine
Will Grayson, Will Grayson
The Walls Have Eyes
Twisted
The Friday Night Knitting Club

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I think I really do need to borrow books from you. I remember reading The Resistance and accompanying books, and The Sky Inside and sequel(s?). I liked both stories. Do you have any along those lines that I could borrow? I started reading the Levan Thumps series by Obert Skye, but I'm not really into them, and looking for something more engaging.

Amberly said...

Thanks for making a list! Now I will have a nice reference for my "to read" list!