Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lousy customer service

I hate when customer service is outsourced.  I ordered three birth scrolls, papers with info about the day a baby was born and the world that day, and one of the ones that I ordered was not received, instead I received one with another kids name and info.  When I called and talked to the company I was told to go ahead and keep the one that I received as it was the same product.  Annoyed, I replied that it was a personalized one and that I would like one with my child's name, not another kids name, the woman had no idea how to help me.  Finally she said that she would start a new order and send the correct one, but that I needed to send back the defective one.  I asked if they were going to pay to have it shipped back, and she said that I could just mail it back, um, I don't think so, I am not paying for your company's screw up.  After putting me on hold for ten minutes it was determined that I could keep the defective one and I would get a corrected one.  Does anybody know a Siobhan Maria Nolan born on July 19, 2010, I have a birth scroll you can have :)

4 comments:

Amberly said...

Did she speak English? And could you understand her? That's the worst being on hold forever!!

Wammack Family said...

She did speak English, but only barely. I could understand most of what she said, but I had to repeat myself to her several times.

Anonymous said...

Hello this is Peggy... (that commercial cracks me up!!!) Did you speak to Peggy???

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Siobhan Maria Nolan??? YES! Luckily it was one of those common names so that you are SURE to find SEVERAL people who would want it - or you could send it back, pay double, and we will send you Lavinah Louisa Mortiquisha's for free - except that you will have to pay for it. Almost makes Walmart look... maybe, competent?