Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grateful

A friend has been posting on the things that she is grateful for and I have enjoyed reading about them. I also read an article today that said that if you are consistent about thinking and being grateful for the things that you have you will be a happier person. I decided to share a few things that I am grateful for.

#1 my family - I know it's cliche, but I am. I have a great family! My husband works hard for us and is a wonderful man to be with. I also have the best kids! My extended family ROCKS as well!

#2 the Gospel - I am grateful to know my Savior and to know that I can return again to my Heavenly Father.

#3 my health - This is one that I often take for granted, even when I know I shouldn't. I was sick a lot as a kid, but it's easy to forget what that was like. After feeling awful for so long with the flu, it's amazing to feel good again. I am grateful that I can know what it feels like to feel good.

#4 this country - I know how lucky we are to be in this great nation. I am grateful for the many opportunities that are afforded to us here.

#5 good books - I love to read and I love to have good books. There are few things as wonderful as sitting down with a good book and disappearing into a new world.

That's all for today, but I will continue to look for the things that I am grateful for.

1 comment:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Amazing the things we have to be grateful for, isn't it? I find myself breathing deeply several times a day and just being filled with thanks for what I ALWAYS have.