Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dia de lor Muertos

Last year we began the tradition of celebrating Dia de los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead. In Mexico this is one of the biggest holidays and James fondly remembers the food and the fun. We were again able to celebrate with some friends last night. Had I been smart I would have gotten some pictures of the food and friends, but alas I am not. We did enjoy some great food and fun with one another.

This picture is actually of the bread that we made last year, but this years was the same. I think this bread is one of the hits of the night. It is called pan de muerto, or bread of the dead. I like the soft texture but rich flavor that it has. It also helps that is has a wonderful orange glaze on it that makes it taste awesome.

1 comment:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I bet your friends weren't as good as the ones you had LAST year!!!