Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Annika...Snow Days...Idaho Woman

Today is Annika's fourth birthday. We had a party for her this past Friday with all of her friends. She had a princess party and the girls all came in costume. It was a lot of fun.

Birthday Cake

What a girly party

Blowing out the candles



Presents

Well I guess it's that time of year again, the snow has come. This weekend we had our first snow storm, it wasn't too bad, but it was darn cold. Thankfully it has all melted away and it is a bit warmer now. James took a few photos of the snow to share.






I think I have earned my Idaho Womanhood now :) In the last year I have grown a garden, made a scrapbook, joined a card making group, and learned to can. A friend called the other day with a great offer on peaches so I got two boxes and decided to learn to can. I actually had a lot of fun doing it. I had to drive around to four different stores to find any jars though, apparently you are supposed to start earlier...oops. The only jars that I was able to get were the pints, but we now have peaches for the next year.....Now does anyone know anything fun to do with peaches, the funny thing is that we hardly eat peaches. Next year we will do salsa...

3 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

German pancakes with peaches and a homemade carmel syrup are lovely. Peach crisp tastes like autumn had a party in your mouth. Peach shakes, peach pie, peaches and cream, peach smoothies. Peaches are just - well, peachy!

Cute Birthday pictures - what's with the Pioneer Princess - or what was it James called her? Princess of the Prairie? Fun.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That's a lot of peaches. Make cobbler. We don't eat peaches much either, though Abigail loves them. But cobbler is very tasty.

mommydeb said...

Cute cake! Emily would give up her left arm to have an Ariel cake that cute.
I say we have a peach party and Heather is in charge of baking.....